OPENING DATES & TIMES
Saturday 29th September – Sunday 14th October
10am – 5pm Daily
This will be the final chance to see the Shrouds before they go on display in London. Visitors can walk amongst the fallen in this thought-provoking and immersive artwork.
Along the outside of the Trench the Commonwealth War Graves Commission has provided a list of the names of all of the 72,396 missing from the battle of the Somme, whose names are also engraved on the Thiepval Memorial.
Entry to this event is FREE but if visitors wish to visit Aerospace, standard ticket prices will apply.
Location: Aerospace Bristol, Hayes Way, Patchway, South Gloucestershire, BS34 5BZ.The postcode does not take you directly to the museum, please see the website for full direction information HERE
By Train: Thenearest major railway station is Bristol Parkway and from there you’ll find bus or taxi services to bring you to Aerospace Bristol. For details of train services to Bristol Parkway, please visit the National Rail.
If travelling from Bristol Parkway, please take either:
- the number 10 Wessex Bus towards Southmead and alight at Gipsy Patch Lane.
- the number 82 First Bus towards Southmead and alight at High Leaze Road.
If travelling from Bristol City Centre, please take either:
- the 75 First Bus service towards Cribbs Causeway and alight at Gipsy Patch Lane.
- the T2 First Bus service towards Thornbury and alight at Gipsy Patch Lane.
By foot: Walking from Gipsy Patch Lane bus stop (north bound by the Royal Mail building):
- Follow the footpath northbound towards the Travelodge
- Continue along the footpath bearing left in the direction of The Mall, M5 South and Charlton Hayes
- Pass the roundabout and continue along Hayes Way. After approximately 400 metres Aerospace Bristol is on your left
Nearest Car Park: Aerospace Bristol offers free on-site visitor parking for cars and coaches. Please use BS34 5BZ or search for Hayes Way for your sat nav, though this post code covers a wide area and therefore won’t take you precisely to the museum entrance. We recommend checking Google Maps for our exact location.